Last week when we went to see J's parents, I asked my m-i-l if she has leftovers from her sewing. She used to do a lot of doll clothes, also custom-made, and clothes to wear. Yes, there were things she wanted to get rid off, and we looked through her stash. Things she wanted to keep were exactly those I was not keen on, and vice versa. So she kept all the pastel flowers, and I got the powerful colours. Happy!
But first, I will cut these cuties apart and sew 3 biscornus for my friend who ordered them.
They will be a giveaway for her colleagues in the museums she works for.
Now the flat squares shall be turned into 3D objects. I start sewing a corner of square A to a midpoint of square B. This means that the next corner of square B will end up at the next midpoint of A. In this way they will alternate until the object will be almost closed. Then I stuff it -- wool is better than batting, because batting blocks the needles when pushed in. Then I pull a thread from the middle of the front side right through the filling to the back and fix it with beads; also small buttons are fine for the purpose. There is no copyright on the patterns, I constructed them after Estonian folk motives, so please feel free to copy them if you like.