Saturday, May 31, 2014

Art in Hannover: A Visit to Sprengel Museum


Although built in the late 1970s, the architecture is exiting
A wonderful space for sculptures...

... and paintings from the Classical Modern period: Kandinsky ...

Jawlensky...

Max Beckmann

Emil Nolde -- the colors are very true to the original painting

... a very charming, small Picasso ...

... an enchanting Paul Klee ...

... a miracle by Max Ernst ...
... and a sensational reproduction of the ...
... famous MERZ-Bau by Kurt Schwitters
who was a citizen of Hannover ...

... Horst Antes, a post-war painter ...

... a big sculpture outdoors ...
... and another ...
... people...
... and a two hours ride home.

2 comments:

Yael said...

I had a look at this at five o.clock in the morning - it was very delightful! Enjoyed each of the paintings, still the sweet Klee my favorite, but love them all! What a great way to start my day!

Thank you dear Eva-Maria! :-)

mycuriousteaparty said...

Many thanks Eva, I have loved my visit to the Sprengel Museum with you. It was fantastic to see the Emile Nolde, one of my favorites..