Monday, February 21, 2011

Upside down and all around

It is a good thing to try something unusual sometimes. Colors that never used to be mine -- like brown which I find very tempting at the moment. Please ignore the turquoise greens that shine through the gaps; this is the basic fabric that allows me to do the piecing. It will be covered in the end.
I apply the korak method again. The result is a 3-layer cloth which feels a lot sturdier than a normal quilt top. And it is heavy! I wonder if the Asian koraks were used to sleep under at all.
These parts are just laid out beside one another. So this is not a final choice. In the close-up, you probably can see where there are seams and where there aren't.
You may recognize the hand of my quilting friends whose mild alms make me happy.
Jens and I do reading evenings. When he comes home, we have tea and a cake, and then I read books aloud to him until supper. Last time, it was Seuphor on modern art. Much better than tv!

6 comments:

Chris Gray said...

..lovely almost-quilt...

...and what a cosy way to spend the evening...

We don't watch tv much either..

I like reading aloud....Bloke hates it....so your setup would suit us too :-)

Yael said...

It looks good Eva, it really does! I like the brown very much, it is a warm and beautiful color with a lot of texture!
With us it is my husband reading to me, he reads to me in Hebrew. Many times he will read to me in my workroom while I do some sewing or so - the dog is nearby and so is one of the cats - I LOVE this!

Deborah said...

Beautiful possibilities! I think I need to learn this technique. I love to read aloud and miss my job as a librarian. I used to go to schools almost every day and read to students while they were eating lunch.

Eva said...

The Korak technique is really easy! It just takes a few small-point pins. It is very much like the making of log-cabin quilts, but also includes triangles.

jude said...

oh yay, i love this.

Diane Cransac said...

I think you are doing well at making those colors yours! Beautiful piece.