Saturday, May 28, 2011

23 Squares


 In the meantime, I did something that the used-or-free-fabric police wouldn't allow: I bought a piece of fabric for about 7$ a yard, it is the orange, red dotted material. I just thought a proper spoonful of orange would freshen the quilt up.
 I still have almost 40 more squares to go! It is a race against time -- remember, this quilt is all hand-made, not a single machine-stitch anywhere. It is a seek-and-find game,some of the animals are hiding, so is Nemo.
Some of the animals are even harder to find, but that's part of the game.

10 comments:

Judy said...

Such a happy quilt: it makes me smile!

xo

Terri Stegmiller said...

Goodness, this is a colorfully gorgeous looking quilt.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The orange is a great addition to this cheerful quilt.

Yael said...

Wonderful, just wonderful Eva! Really, an explosion of color - your taste is superb!

Els said...

WOW a new header ! So colourful! (OF COURSE it's all in the name isn't it)
The dotty fabric is cute and fitts right into the whole joyful colour scheme!

Eva said...

Thank you so much, ladies!

Tiggy Rawling said...

A delicious quilt, so vibrant. It gave me a warm glow on this misty damp morning.

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind if I follow for a while - I loved your wisdom on julie's blog

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Just brilliant colors and love the hidden animals. Rich rich rich.

Diane Cransac said...

Love the addition of the orange. SOmetimes it's ok to slip in a bit of new. We all need a treat right, even quilts do! :)