Monday, May 9, 2011

A Vision (Anybody working in this business?)

Why don't windpower stations look like this? They should be a lot smaller than those we're building now, they could stand on every hill and catch the slightest breeze. They would not be as effective as the big ones, but who cares -- the wind is free, and this would spare us from having to wire the landscape all over -- in other words, the transportation problem would be solved.
They would be easy to build up, easy to be repaired, provide power for every village and look joyful and would not ruin the view, I believe -- this means they might be accepted by the people more than our huge devices.

9 comments:

Diane Cransac said...

What a beautiful and fun idea, I vote yes!
Thank you so much Eva for all your kindness and support. I appreciate you stopping by and encouraging me. I am getting better!

Yael said...

This is so funny that just now you write about those wind power whirls!!
Last weekend at the Golan Heights we came upon eight or ten of such whirls on a hill while hiking, and I told my husband: don't bother to photograph them, they look so boring!

I would have loved yours there!!! I vote YES too!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! I love it!

Tiggy Rawling said...

My thoughts entirely. Just image, it would be wonderful and bring smiles to everyone's face. In fact, today I bought some children's windmills which are now stuck in flower pots outside my window. Whizzing around beautifully.

Jeannie said...

My husband did work on wind projects before he retired. I will have him pass on your idea!;)

nandas said...

those would be delightful... but after driving across the u.s. and seeing thousands of them in the west, i have to say i am in love with the white ones. they are so elegant. i could watch them for hours.

Els said...

Your wind power : I vote for them definately!!!

Judy said...

And what a wonderful world it would be!!! I love your idea Eva!

xo

ArtSparker said...

What a lovely idea - a festival every day -