Sunday, April 8, 2012

Renovation Overdue


For a few (quite a few) years we have lived in this home, the flat we took when my dhJ and I moved together and before we got married. It is quite a big decision to pick the largest room apart and push the whole stuff into another room (the place where I paint). We chose red then, and we have loved it. Guess which color will be next: the same one. Red is never boring! J said the color restores his energy when he comes home from his tiring job. Incredible how the sun has bleached the paint! Now J is unscrewing the furniture, and on Tuesday my brother will come to help J with the paint.
Here you see my brother years ago, as he was doing the first strokes, then he turned to me and said: "Still time to change your mind!" No, we didn't.

5 comments:

Els said...

Ha ! Happy renovation Eva !
(Love the bright red)

Chris Gray said...

..maybe you could do one of your lovely paintings in the middle of that large wall!?....

I think it would look wonderful.

Eva said...

Thank you, Chris! I'm planning larger paintings, indeed; I'm just not sure if I want to look at my own paintings all the time or prefer other artist's work ... :-)

Cobalt Violet said...

How fun! LOVE the color! You are tempting me!

Yael said...

Today is Tuesday - Happy painting!!!