Monday, July 13, 2009

Passionate Quilting

What was I thinking? I'm so in love with this flower fabric on dark blue ground that I put some of it onto the right side. I thought that this empty space needed something. But there should not be 4 equal sized birds. Now I wonder, should I rip this flower bush off? It is a lot of work, and maybe unnecessary.
The loose thread bits are there to hold the layers in place. I find it nicer than pins; working with pins all over is like cuddling with a porcupine.

I want a ghost bird to appear on the checkered space.

6 comments:

gema said...

Eva, I'd leave the littlest bird in the distance where you have it, but place the flower in that wide expanse of print lower left. I wouldn't worry about the empty space because it could be the place where the eyes find a place to rest and let the imagination soar. Just my humble opinion.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I would leave it in. The red/pink in it balances the feet and bright tail feathers in the 2 lower birds. I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out so it must have been pleasing to the eye.

Art4Sol said...

I like the smaller bird in the distance but I'm not fond of the flower bush....it doesn't work for my eyes....it seems a bit too busy. I do love the big birds...great colors and details on the feathers.

jude said...

i wouldn't worry about anything. it is coming together with lots of energy. reds on the way.

Deb G said...

I'd leave it. What about a ghost bird of organza on the checkered peice?

Rayna said...

I think the crowded corner has a naive charm that seems just right. Wait and see what the rest of it looks like when you've put in the ghost. I like the unbalanced look; you can always take the flowers off later if you decide to.