Sunday, November 29, 2009

New concept on the bauhaus quilt

Do presents necessarily have to be surprises? We decided against that.
My husband knows what he will get for Xmas or hopefully during the winter season. My initial intention was to do the pieced pattern all over. But this will be too puzzling. Some solids should calm the pattern down, and my husband would like a dark fabric to make a kind of frame, together with a turquoise line. I'm perfectly sure that I won't be able to do such a straight line as photoshop did. Now I'll have to find a fabric that goes with the bright stuff I've done already. But I haven't got much left, just a small scrap.
Jude sent me fabrics, among them the center piece of this detail. It is a velvet which fits perfectly into the concept.

8 comments:

jude said...

wow, i have had that vintage scrap for so long, and never found the perfect spot, but you did.

Paula said...

It looks good, beautiful colours

Pat said...

to the question of surprises. i agree with you and J. nice but not important.

and to the quilt: love love what you are doing.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

That is the most meaningful type of gift. One you have made that the recipient will treasure.
It is beautiful.

Quilt Architect said...

This is a beautiful quilt and looks very manly.

Rayna said...

Made with love - all you need! It will be beautiful and I think a straight line would be out of character (big grin).

As to surprises - just once, I would love my husband to surprise me.

Chris Gray said...

..I'm sure you'll find just what you need...


......and it will turn out wonderfully!..

Marie said...

Beautiful shape and style of quilt.
I like having lines not straight...
That is what gives it character.
What a lovely heart-felt gift.
: )