Monday, May 17, 2010

Walking through Eppendorf (Where the Buffalo Roam)

A golden buffalo skull! This was one of the things we saw on our walk through one of the beautiful and interesting parts of our town. It was J's day off because he had to work on Saturday.
A gilding shop, frames and art objects. The owner saw me taking a photo of the buffalo skull and asked me what I was taking the picture for. I said that it is for my blog, and gave her my card. There is a copyright on her art objects. We had a very nice chat about art&craft.

Lots of lovely design objects are in the shops, sophisticated and whimsical art. There are romantic places that you would not expect in a 1-mile-distance from the center. There are street cafés where you can have a Portuguese coffee or a meal, we were lucky, the sun came out. At last.
The weather was cold and unpleasant until this weekend when we could start sitting outdoors. A very late spring. More pictures from our walk in my little galery.

7 comments:

ArtSparker said...

I love the pair of window reflections of you and J., comical and dramatic.

Fiona said...

Ah. I must get back to visit Germany sometime.

Titus said...

I'm actually rather taken with the skull.

Mo'a said...

What fun it must be to live in such an interesting town.
The art is so interesting and your photos are great. Thanks for the tour :)

Unknown said...

Whoa, that skull is wild- and a little spooky!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the tour - fascinating. I love the knitters helpers!
Your blog is wonderful, thank you so much for sharing.
Deb.

Martha Marshall said...

What an enchanting day. Beautiful pictures and sights!