Tuesday, May 11, 2010

the next generation

7 new designs have arrived from Spoonflower. They have been available for a few days already. It is fun to see one's fabrics printed.
It is so much more "art" to print by hand; and I made a few attempts to do so. But the paints I used make the prints look raggy and dirty. I find this rather unpleasant; and the things I made do not really look attractive.
That's why I made another version of the "chickenshack". If you compare with the hand printed version, the latter may have the charm of a typical hand print; but often, I am not satisfied with the quality of my prints, whereas with a hand painted matrix I don't have the problem. Of course, I think of trying something rougher, less refined. My first attempts were rather conservative, but I don't feel like running with the pack by making modern design as it is mainstream now.
The yellow chickenshack fabric will be for sale in a few days.

5 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Tell me you are going to do some of those fluttery birds on a t-shirt - would be so dramatic, a big clutter of them with a single escapee making off...

Deborah said...

A wonderful design!

Eva said...

Susan, see what is in Redbubble.

jude said...

i have to try this!

Esther Aliu said...

Hi Eva,

Was going to send you an email...but couldnt resist checking up your updates first...and now I've been here an hour and am all distracted!

Oh yes...computer issues. Eva thank you so much for offering to help me with this. It's likely that I am going to need to take you up on your offer. I have just found Blogger Draft and have neatened up my blog which is nice, but am still struggling with the header.

Anyhow, I will email you later, after I have enjoyed your blog some more...