Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Plenty in a time of plenty. Quite a different style from my last project. As I mentioned it, I started it when I was in Turkey and had a flu which is a strange experience in 100° F. When I added more carnations, I found that the colors stand a little isolated and do not really cooperate; so I started balancing them out with smaller blossoms and vines. It now starts looking like a 17th century piece, close to my intention in the beginning.
You can see the experimental nature of the project in the sketching -- some parts show a geometrical border which I discarded. For the sketch, I used a water soluble pen, and I do hope I will be able to rinse it out...
In the close-up, you can see well how irregular the old linen fibers are.