Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sunshine and joy on a roof

 A blue sky and cold wind. It was nice to sit in the sun, but in the shadow, my nose got cold at once. We had our winter tyres exchanged today. Crows were enjoying the sun under a label saying "for birds" -- at least, this is what they believe the golden chap is for.
 Just a little glimpse of the sunshine and shadow play.
 I don't have a design wall, but today I decided to occupy this window between corridor and living room for my paintings.
The one below is about wind and sun power dominating over nukes, at least this is what I hope will happen. It is color pencil and gouache on black paper.

And also this one is about windpower. I love it, but not the machines; I think they are an insult to the eye. They should be designed like this, I believe.

7 comments:

Els said...

O yes! Windmills like that: fun ánd beautiful Eva!

jude said...

these are wonderful. i agree.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Not only do they look uninspired they kill many migrating birds.

These paintings are spectacular in design and color!

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I just love your paintings.
The colors, the movement, and the total effect!

Jacky said...

Wouldnt it be wonderful if they 'artified' those wind turbines!
Love your paintings!

Jacky xox

Deborah said...

Great colors and sense of movement! I can also see this as a quilt.

Rayna said...

Your next job - designing windmills? These are joyful! Bring 'em on.