Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Caught in lace and held in frame

A human shape behind lace is the latest progress of the witch gown.
As Susan noticed, the text ribbons are paths! It is clear to see.
I explained the details and meaning to my husband who doesn't mind at all to be caught in the traps of his witch.

The embroidery is developing a little unexpectedly. I intended to do an "Star of Bethlehem" allover pattern, but the piece has a different idea. I put it up in a quilting frame in order to keep it stretched. My embroidery hoops are too thin and small to hold needlepoint which is gaining volume and cannot be pressed between the hoops, the wool gets squeezed, and it shows.

7 comments:

ArtSparker said...

I like the idea of the needlepoint developing not in a square but in fractals...that is, I like the organic quality as it appears in this photograph - maybe something of the wandering quality of the witch gown?

Diane Cransac said...

Both pieces are coming along wonderfully! I am really loving the colors in both. So vibrant!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I am waiting as I know you will
still have so much more to come. You like to surprise us!

Eva said...

I surprise myself, that's the trick

Cynthia said...

Witches? did I miss something here? :)

Art4Sol said...

Both are progressing nicely...loving the colors more and more on the needlepoint piece.
Happy Easter.

Rayna said...

As usual, your work is at the same time structured and free - and always sparkling with wonderful colour combinations!