Thursday, December 17, 2009

Distant Ancestors

The stars are matter...
We are matter...
But it doesn't matter.
(Don Van Vliet, also known as Captain Beefheart)

Colour pencil drawing, 19 x 21 cm (7 1/2 x 8 1/4") , with water color in parts, finished (ahem, is it?) last night when the urge to draw forced me to stay up until midnight. In spite of being tired. As my left hand still will not allow me to continue my quilting projects (as painfully experienced yesterday), I'll concentrate my creative ambition on drawing and painting until the problem will be gone. Hopefully.
Could it be rheumatism?
Can a woman with these musical preferences have rheumatism?

10 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Reminds me of childhood building projects.

jude said...

i see buliding blocks. squares! i just burned my fingers, no stitiching for me for a while either.

Rayna said...

Are you gauchière? REST THAT HAND!! Actually, your drawing is wonderful and if you can keep at it,please do. How lucky you are that you can still be creative without the sewing component. Tell J. I think he is special - but so are you.
xo
R.

Pat said...

so love that piece....how lucky you are to have so many talents....

Chris Gray said...

..just love that drawing...


...it speaks....


Hope your arm gets better soon.

x Chris

Diane Cransac said...

What beautiful color! You constantly surprise me, you are just packed with talent arent you? My hands have been behaving lately but my shoulders..UGH! Hope yours heals quickly. I find hot salt soaks help much, especially if you can find epsom salts. Might just be a touch of tendonitis?

Clare Wassermann said...

wow that's fantastic - funny I got caught up in painting yesterday and must do some more - you forget how addictive it can be. This piece is lovely...

Deborah said...

I'm sorry that your hand is still bothering you and preventing you from quilting, but that is a wonderful drawing.

Marie said...

Wow! I love the drawing. You are sooo
talented. The colors and just everything about
it are fabulous. Hope your hand feels better
soon : )

Unknown said...

Very neat painting!