Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Paint is my Ice Cream

 

My latest painting turned out more dazzling than I expected it to be. What I was dealing with is sea creatures, as I have done before. Now this one is hard to look at unless you like such unvoluntary motions of the eye; I don't, I can't look at it for longer than just a few seconds. While I was painting it was so close that the effect did not work. 
This is how it started: A meeting of two different sea snails. I liked to think of their tentacles like something transparent, glassy, like sepia. The colors are a mix of bright and subdued tones, and the bright turquoise is meant to remind of phosphorescent animals. I haven't painted a background yet, I added it in photoshop, and it is not bad, so I guess I will do it.


 
I also continued the windmills theme, since I like the idea of producing our energy by wind and sun. This should be the future way to do it, I believe. And the windcraft power stations should be nicer to look at. They should be created by artists, as I stated before. Sorry to be boring, I just love to play. Hope you are all fine, dear readers.

5 comments:

Els said...

I love the two coloured snails, but the red one .....brrrr I can't look at it ! Getting dizzy, right in front of the machine ...

Yael said...

I LOVE them all, the dazzling one especially! How can you paint so accurate - this is a mystery to me! And there is always much excitement in your paintings, and a lot to explore and to enjoy - the colors, the shapes, the movements, the design and the idea itself - your pictures are so unique "Eva", I could see them anywhere and would know they are yours! :-)

Eva said...

Els, thank you for your honesty! My husband likes this picture, but I don't. Yael, thank you! Painting accurately is just "Uebung, Uebung", life-long practise, no art!

Rayna said...

Yes, dizzy-making. But the other two make me smile, as usual.

Don't dismiss your talent, dear Eva. I could practice painting all my life and never get anywhere.
xoxo

Yael said...

You see Eva, Rayna says so too! :-)