Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Outsorcing


I don't know if "outsorcing" is Denglish, as we call bad German English over here; today I went to the copy shop and paid 36 $ (28 Euros) for 2 copies on cloth. It would not be so much cheaper to do it with my own ink printer -- if I had one.
Then I cut patches with single nudes.

The print had not worked perfectly; in some parts, the paint did not get fixed on the cloth. It may be linnen and not cotton, it was an old bed sheet.

Then I put the pieces onto the Witches Gown and will be fixing them between snake, homunculus, eyes and bird poles. More spells are due to follow.

12 comments:

jude said...

this is very cool

gema said...

That was expensive! BUT, bring it on, can't wait to see how it progresses.

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

ArtSparker said...

Like cutting the Gordian knot. I understand your impatience very well. Awaiting your spells...

Diane Cransac said...

Awesome Eva, but then I knew it would be. I'm so glad you finally found a way to get this done. And yes I bet the guy was wondering what that was all about.... *hehe*

Eva said...

First I went into a small copy shop which was lead by an Iranian. He did not say anything exept that the thing was too large for his machine, and he sent me to another shop at Central Station. They were very cool about it and did not raise a brow.

Martine said...

So sorry to read the transfers didn't work well. Was it a chrisian copyshop?
I'm planning a witchgown for some time now. Haven't decided yet on old linnen or felted silk. Will watch your "Fortgang"! will certainly learn.
Have fun Eva!
XXXm

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! And yes you must steer clear of those christian copy shops!! Hee hee.

Eva said...

As an Iranian, I'd rather believe he was not Christian.

Rayna said...

These transfers are not supposed to be perfect - that is the beauty of them, as far as I am concerned. Catching up with you, finally. Who is the impersonator whose picture has replaced yours???

Eva said...

The new profile picture is me in Prague -- in front of a Sowjet souvenir shop

Judy said...

I never know which Eva I'm going to find in your photos! LOL HMMM: will she be German, Estonian, Russian???? LOL

I love your piece, but am amazed at how expensive it was to get the copies.

xo