Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So much work!

Last night I finished working at 10 p.m. after 9 hours in front of my customer's screen and took the subway home which is a one hour ride to my 'burb. (Nice word, thanks Reyna!) Today I'll see our tax advisor, then I'll serve another customer. Funny how it accumulates now. For months I had very few jobs and very little income, of course. So I decided to apply for old people's pension, and here we go! Okay, I don't mind, after months of draught: A monthly income of 70 to 250 Euros. How good that my husband has a solid job. In summer, we'll spend 2 weeks in Denmark in a little house which looks like a container near a bay of the Baltic. The view across the water shows the German coast. Not at all spectacular, but hopefully calm and down-to-earth relaxation. Long walks and funny coloured Danish food.
I started some embroidery, not worth showing yet, and some printing experiments with the small stamp from last week. Sorry to disappoint my readers, but I'm not getting on with arts.
Today, my Jacob Nielsen book arrived.

5 comments:

Diane Cransac said...

Glad to hear you have work coming in. It's always nice to have the extra income.

ArtSparker said...

Good for you. that vacation time will be sweet, and I have a feeling you may get to some art then.

Judy Martin said...

Eva Maria, this is the first time I have visited your blog and I find it so refreshing and honest. I love to do lino cuts too, and I loved the description of your little house that looks like a container.

Chrisy said...

Hi there, Just wandered over here from artspark's blog...the embroidery in your banner is just beautiful...hope you're not working too hard!

Judy said...

We have often flown into Hamburg, driven to the coast and taken a ferry to Denmark in order to visit my cousins in Sweden. I love that part of the world! Can't wait for your vacation pictures so I can relax along with you! LOL
The work is good, eh....but don't forget to feed your artistic soul!

xo