Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Try something new again


Not satisfied with the printed letters, I bought stencil paint. It is oil-based and buttery. I cut letters out of a transparent foil which works very well, because the letters are clear and crisp, as I wanted them. I finished the first spell which is to give a person appetite and well-being.

The other one is more a kind of epic poem and describes how someone is carried away by a crow who keeps the speaker under her wing and takes him (her?) to the Golden village to the Golden Chamber of Happiness.


Vares oli vaga linnoke / võttis mind teise tiiwa alla/viis mind ilo külasse/viis mind ilo kuldatuba/ilo kuldakamberisse.

If you'd like to know what this language sounds like, here is Estonian rap.

7 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I need a spell that gives me well being, and learns to listen to my appetite and eat only what my body needs - not wants - to decrease my weight!!!!!
K

Eva said...

If I knew one, I'd look different.

Diane Cransac said...

This looks like a great solution. Your piece is coming along nicely. Sounds like it packs a powerful punch ^^

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

This piece is intriguing....I will keep watching the progress.

I will take the spell that Kay wants!

ArtSparker said...

I love the winding dialogue/spell...a favorite thing of mine in medieval paintings.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I love the image on top and had to blow it up to see all the detail.

Eva said...

I removed the details, sorry.