Sunday, November 22, 2009

Abstracts in the kitchen

You wouldn't expect me to work in black and white and to follow the footprints of Jackson Pollock, would you? Well, anything can happen. I did this on Saturday late afternoon which must have been at the time when this great lesson on abstract art took place. I wonder if you can find out what media and canvas I was using. It was fun! For the first time -- and this is my hint for you to find out -- I really liked this job.
The winner of this contest will receive an animal print, made from my lino cuts, of about 10x10" size.
We had guests last night, to celebrate J's birthday. He was 44 on Thursday. His best friend J and his wife V came round. I made puff pastry, one kind with a sheep cheese-tomato-filling, the other with crabmeat, sprouts, mushrooms, carot, a little bit of roasted sesame oil for a teriyaki flavour, and a little bit of kiwi fruit. Didn't have the time to take pictures.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your picture looks like acrylic paint on canvas or board???
The food sounds wonderful...yum.
I want to try a recipe for the holidays using goat cheese rolled in cumin and paprika. We will see...
: )

ArtSparker said...

I suspect it's ink and watercolor on paper, reversed in photoshop.

Yvette said...

your coocking plate with meal???
explosion in the kitchen...a recept for following...sounds so nice..

love
yvette

Anonymous said...

I think it was your electric stove top with Sahne?/Whipped Cream?
gema

Clare Wassermann said...

I think it's your cooker top with boiled over milk on it!

Nikki said...

Cream-type cleaner, (I don't know what it would be called exactly in Germany), on the glass stove top.
I love how even mundane chores can become opportunities to play!

Eva said...

Nikki, you got it! When I squeezed out the last bits of cleaner from the bottle, the result was art and made me run for my camera.

Robbie said...

I'd say it's a glass stove top and icing! Whatever it is...I'd keep the photo and print on fabric or lutradur!

Carol said...

Now I feel I should run and clean my glass stove top! Your puff pastry and fillings sound very good - sheep cheese - so delicious.

Unknown said...

LOL That's great... some sort of sudsy cleaning product on your flat stovetop. :D

Pat said...

what fun....i was soooo far off the mark with my guess. but it was interesting to read all the ideas

Cecilia Levy said...

fun! My guess was icing-gone-wrong on gingerbread... :)

Diane Cransac said...

I had the stove top right but thought it might be icing...Better luck next time I guess :)

Judy said...

well, as always, I'm late for the party! LOL Isn't it great what you can see in every day life when you are looking for art! I just love it!!

xo