Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hamburg Central Park

A walk in our "Central Park"


It is situated right in the city and is called "Plants and Flowers"















The orange spark in the first picture is a gardener, trimming one of the pines. The fish that was digging in the mud was about 24" long. -- There is a large rose garden, laid out like a baroque garden with small boxwood hedges. Petals are scattered for the visitors -- well, it was the wind on this cool day, and when the rain grew heavier, I had to leave. -- This park is dear to me, because I have known it for 57 years -- no lie! When I was 3, we moved into the city, and instead of a garden, we had this park around the corner where my parents or grandparents took me every day.

5 comments:

ArtSparker said...

The path with the rose petals is magical...they look as if they are floating above it because of the strong contrast.

Deb G said...

What a beautiful park!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Eva, that Lily Pad photo with its reflection is just calling out to be made into an art quilt!

Cynthia said...

Lovely park!

One of my husband and my requirements for purchasing any type of home is that it be situated within walking distance to a park. Not only do I make use of my local park every day, but it's also made selling real estate profitable for us.

Art4Sol said...

I love your park...It's funny, you could take the same walk every day and notice something new each time. As a child or adult one never grows tried of the beauty of nature.