Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Thinking about Munich
My husband has sent/mailed applications to five companies. In a week, his boss will ask him to tell his decision. In case we go, we'll keep the Hamburg flat for 6 more months and live in a Munich apartment.
The company is in a change at the moment, and they have centralized the customer service, so the dept in Hamburg will be closed. But they urgently want J, he has been in this company for 7 years.
What if I like Munich? The climate is murder. I felt 80 years old when we were there. But this might be something to get used to. The people are more conservative in general -- and racists. Not all of them; we'll stick to the other kind.
The idea of J's boss was that I'll stay in Hamburg, and they will generously pay me a flight every month or so. No, if my husband goes, I will, too.
And the job? To be honest: They want him to repair what went wrong in 7 years. And he told them from the start.
But in a week, we'll know more!
I'll ask the I-Ging.
Update. Tomorrow, J will have a job interview in Hamburg.