Monday, October 25, 2010

The Reptile Quilt

The project has a name now. I am happy to use fabrics which have been given to me. I bought only one of these samples. Thanks, girls! Especially the snake skin pattern is a treasure for this quilting adventure.

Quilting as an adventure is my reason to do it at all. The feel of the quilted surface goes nicely with the idea of reptile skin. Wonder if I will end up with a quilt for each class of vertebrates.
Some batiks came from Chris Gray. Chris, I can't reach you! Too bad.

Update on a finished piece in use, here it is: The bird quilt during a nap on the sofa. My husband took the picture, but it is not a snapshot, I admit.

7 comments:

Yael said...

The quilt looks wonderful! Really!! So rich and colorful, I love that!
You look wonderful too - a little bit like the sleeping lady from Malta!!

The dragon comes together very good!

jude said...

i like the string of patches, looking like a snake in a way. is that the print i sent? i might have some more....

Eva said...

jude, in this picture are 6 fabrics I got from you. The snake stuff is among them indeed.

aurorafedora said...

hello, i found you from yael's blog. i love love love your bird quilt! how beautiful and original is your style! i will be checking out more of your art. thanks for sharing! joanne

Diane Cransac said...

Loving this new quilt, so rich and vibrant! You look so peaceful in your sleep :)

Chris Gray said...

..glad the batiks came in handy! ;-)

x Chris

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Oh to nap on a couch covered in a beautiful quilt! How wonderful!