Friday, October 29, 2010

Today's Progress

This is the second corner of the middle frame (I'm planning intending three concentric frames). Of course the corners don't match (question of honor).
The orange dragon is a leftover from a fabric I painted and ordered from Spoonflower.

And now I would like to introduce you to very special friends of mine: Mr and Mrs Bullfinch. They had breakfast on the ash tree right outside my kitchen window. As I was trying not to disturb them, I did not approach the window closely enough, so the pictures are a bit blurry. 
I used to see a group of them 8 or 9 years ago, up to 4 couples came to these trees. Then, from year to year, there were less individuals. In one year, I just saw a female, giving sad (as it seemed) beeps of search. I was afraid there are less of them, although they are not an endangered species. This couple is healthy and well fed which makes me optimistic.

5 comments:

Yael said...

Sag mal liebe Eva, gehe ich recht in der Annahme, dass Du das alles von Hand naehst? Wow! Alle Achtung! Das wird richtig schoen, sieht jetzt schon ganz toll aus!!

Wunderschoene Vogelbilder!!!

Eva said...

Ja, alles von Hand genäht.
Piecing and quilting all by hand.

Christie Minchew said...

I love how this is evolving. It's been fun to follow your progress. I wish I could remember in time to snap photos of mine, but I always seem to only remember at the end. And I enjoyed your clever analogy to a pioneer the other day :).

Rayna said...

Goodness! I HOPE the corners don't match. You would have to leave the group and be banished forever to the Land of Perfectionists. A terrible fate!

I can tell from looking at your identity list instead of the drop-down list, that I should be able to post without a problem. I just had the same problem on another blog with the drop-down list of identities. Thanks for changing it!

Chris Gray said...

I love the designs and colours in this piece...the way they work together....

...and the kantha-type stitching is superb!

Zillions of tiny little stitches...

...why do we do this to our fingers?! :-))