Saturday, April 25, 2009

New paints, new prints

The new paints were waiting patiently to get tried. I did it last night, when my husband decided to watch Pulp Fiction he recorded. He is a collector. I don't mind some film blood sheding, but I want to be the director. So I tried some printing on one of my husband's discarded t-shirts. I found out that this material is much better than the old bed sheet I tried before. Then I overpainted parts of it. The colours that my friend C gave me are beautiful.
I print on wet cloth, this makes the paint bleed a little, but the paint is taken by the cloth better than by dry cloth. But with cotton jersey, this doesn't seem to be a problem any more.
The colours were a lot lighter after drying. I'm not sure whether I should overprint, overpaint them or leave them as they are. I also like this batik-like technique with the stenciled white, but it is laborious. I'm at the very beginning of experience. That's a great feeling.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like fun!

ArtSparker said...

Many directions...very enjoyable.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Eva this is great! Looks like a nice compliment to your needle point except in a softer palette. I would leave them as is.

Diane Cransac said...

Those are all gorgeous. Looks like a lot of fun!

Rayna said...

These are wonderful! Next time, print on one of J's un-discarded t-shirts and make sure he wears it!
What fun!

Great pix of you in the previous post.

Judy said...

What fun!!!!

xo

mycuriousteaparty said...

I love these prints too.