Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Folkswaggon

Here's the proud owner of a used 2006 car. He will be a commuter on a longer distance than before; in his old job, it was comfortable to take the tube. As we rely on the promise of his future boss, he hasn't signed a contract yet. But in Hamburg, a spoken contract is as powerful as a written one -- at least among traditional merchants. So we are confident and went out to the car trade. There has to be a new car after the disgraceful collaps the other day. And in order to cover the sad view of the faded varnish, I put my korak on our poor old vehicle that somehow is still dear to me after 12 years and some wonderful journeys... On Monday, we'll get a new registration and licence plates, and we can start.
Beautiful autumn day. Saw this on the way home.

7 comments:

Robbie said...

Congrats on new 'folkswaggon'! Also, loved the pics of the trees..maple is great..what is the other tree? They are great!!

Pat said...

happy days. and congratulations.

ArtSparker said...

I am excited for you both. The new car looks splendid.

Eva said...

Robbie, the trees are maple and rowan.

Deborah said...

Congratulations on the new car! I like the photo of your korak on the old car. I know how you feel, I was sad when we sold our old honda civic because I also had happy memories associated with it, including one night when I was able to get to my children in a blizzard when almost no one else could get through.

jude said...

congrats! i love the spirit of the cloth on the old car.... we have those golden maples here too!

Rayna said...

Ah, yes. Trading in old cars almost always generate mixed feelings because of the memories living in the vehicle.

So where are YOU? You haven't posted in 3 days, either.
R.