Friday, October 2, 2009

Love Birds

Latest progess on the bird quilt is going slowly because the husband keeps me busy. He is out of work now with some hopeful applications lingering. And I have been working on two websites, together with him. We are a good team.
What do you think: Do these birds show a young but almost grown-up bird being fed by an adult? Or are they lovers with the male making a show for the female? I'm not sure. The quilt is large enough to sleep under it. All the solid red parts will be covered by more pieces and more birds -- although they come and go, this is not in my command. I might work in a more rational way by doing the pieces first, then fixing the birds on them and in the end do the whole quilting. But this is not the way I work. It is more like my life goes: Some ideas are new, I carry them out and finish them, day by day.

9 comments:

Deborah said...

perhaps one is trying to entice the other to fly away with him (or her)

Anonymous said...

so wonderful!!

Clare Wassermann said...

It's great - I'm working in this organic way too at the moment

Judy said...

I love it Eva! I'd prefer to think of the two as love birds!

xo

ArtSparker said...

I like the black birds on the patterned background very much. They seem close in size to be anything other than mates.

jude said...

a kiss

Deb G said...

Love birds. :)

Anonymous said...

I vote for love birds too. This piece is utterly exquisite.

Rayna said...

I love that there is enough ambiguity in that patch to let people form their own visions of what's going on.