Wednesday, April 7, 2010
I tried the pattern first with a white background. Making the edges fit is a challenge. I work on it with obsession. So much fun! Kaffee Fassett, watch out, here I come.
Then I worked on the pattern in photoshop, adding the dark blue background, trying to get close enough to the original.
See also yesterday's posting.
The 3rd picture shows the same pattern with a dark blue background. The original fabric has more blue space between the flowers and vines. To my surprise, it is so victorian! I'm almost a little disappointed that the genuine roughness of the Indonesian fabric is lost.
This looks quite nostalgic, but my plans go further. I want to leave the traditional approach behind. Don't know exactly how, but you will find more daring, more modern design in the days to come. Or I find it too difficult and drop it... No, I don't think so.