Friday, February 6, 2009

Fighting on

God, I love quilting. Such a pleasant thing to do. Terry posted an important information: Some fabrics cause problems, turning out bulky when being quilted. Right. As a colour addict, of course I chose the brightest among my fabrics. Now they turn out to be anarchists and never to stick to the rules. Will I carry on fighting or give in and buy (bleah, what a word!!) fabrics that are more obediant? Will I be able to finish my living room nap quilt, or will it end up as a chair cushion? I don't know.
Susan suggested in her comment to separate the blocks by dark edges. I'm seriously thinking about this idea. In my head, it becomes a beautiful dark screen with bright squares. And it would make the work faster.

-- I added some embroidery to my Etsy items. One bracelet (the one with English sweets) was sent to England yesterday.
The husband is coming home this afternoon! :-)) I have to hurry with my housework.

9 comments:

gerfiles said...

Und warum sollen Stoffe auch kein Eigenleben haben - "fabrics are people, too"" hat Jude mal geschrieben... P.S. : Joseph´s coat ist klasse!

Diane Cransac said...

yes certain fabrics can be quite contrary. I love the idea of a dark border around your squares. I am partial to darks and brights together though. I'm sure you will find the perfect solution :)

Judy said...

I really hope that you will continue to work on this piece....actually, I cannot imagine YOU putting it aside, as you are such a determined person. I like the idea of the dark sashing also. Your hand stitching is lovely. Please don't stop.
Your etsy shop is looking wonderful. I wish you'd offer more bracelets with the polymer clay beads. The mosaics are wonderful too!
Have fun with your hubby.......and just delete that housework! LOL

xo

jude said...

oh yes. i love it too. and i am notice those liquid black and white squares...love them and look at the way that blue peeks through at the edges, may be just stitch the blocks down to a base without actually connecting them. i like that.....a little disorientation. ha! welcome to my coma.

Eva said...

I also like the b&w squares, but the fabric is almost as stubborn and choleric as zebras are said to be! The blocks aren't connected yet, I want to make a number of them and still be free to rearrange them. Maybe it goes against the grain of an experienced quilter, sorry if that's so. Maybe I will hit the floor with my forehead soon and say, in the future I'll do it as it has to be done.

ArtSparker said...

I love rearranging too.

Rayna said...

this is looking wonderful, Eva. I love the hand stitches and the way everything plays together. No, I wouldn't sash them with dark strips - but it's not mine, is it? I have to go and visit your Etsy shop now.

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful Eva.
What lovely colors together. They work so well! The stitches are perfect too.

IKABAGS said...

Wow , I bought some fabrics for partchwork , but still i dont have a time for do it, you are doing now, Je suis jalouse :))))