Monday, February 16, 2009

Fusing the spell

The letters are fixed by ironing and dyed with diluted acrylics. Not as brillant as I was hoping they would be. Then I fused them onto WU, cut the spell in stripes and fused them onto the gown.






I had considered to cut the gown up and resew it into a t-shape like the Joseph's Coat, but it did not allow me to.


So I fixed the spell along the edges. And I will have to sew all this because fused parts tend to separating from the base.
I let the spell run around the space, so it is turnt upside down at the lower edge and makes a 90°-turn like it was used on ancient inscription stones in Scandinavia.

I wrote that tradition in Estonia was oral. There was an exemption of wood cut runes, the calendar system; it went back more than 10200 years, back to the time when the land emerged from the water through postglacial events similar to those happening in Canada.

6 comments:

ger said...

Und alles begann mit einer Steckrübe... amazing - I think I´ll try this printing technique...

Art4Sol said...

You are a wealth of wonderful ideas, Eva. I will come back soon and try to catch of with all I missed in the last month being away.
Darlene

Eva said...

Hi Darlene, nice to hear from you again!

Deb G said...

I've found that it's best to sew down things I've fused too. Things just come off too easily otherwise. I really like the way the colors show up against the dark.

Diane said...

Love the runes.

ArtSparker said...

I want to use more type in work too. Very inspiring.