Saturday, May 30, 2009

Chickenshack or "Mein Huhnchen soll es besser haben"













Made a few prints on paper: They illustrate a joke on an old maiden who had a chicken shack with 6 cocks and a hen. A neighbour asked her why she did not have a number of hens and one cock like all the other farmers; she said: "Well, in my youth, I was a wallflower. I want my chicken to have a better time!"













On the fourth print, a robber is in the shack, and the farmer seems to breed roadrunners. Gouaches, printed with lino stamps on paper. I exchanged the photos because the yellow paper wasn't shown correctly in the first series of photos.

6 comments:

ArtSparker said...

I think these new birds are wonderful, they suggest pinwheels and I can see that they are spinning off in different directions. I can imagine the fwup fwup wing sound. Delightful!

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

hee, love the story and your chickens are a delight!

Judy said...

what a funny story!

xo

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love these!! The lino stamps are wonderful, and the story is fun too.

Rayna said...

Thanks for making me smile this morning, Eva dear.

jude said...

i live the little plays you are writing here.