Today I bought a palm straw hat for 5 Euros, that's about 7 $. It was decorated with a string of kawry shells which I intend to use for my witch gown. I sewed a ribbon of an old indonesian print fabric instead, because it is not Safari elegance I'm aiming at. Husband had to take pictures of me. He did what he could. I'm wearing a polymere clay necklace and a very, very old jacket.
I don't like white spots shining through the surface of an embroidery (I don't do cross stitch either unless it covers the surface completely). Now I'm experimenting with an embroidery linen which I got as a present from the other Eva. As my embroidery wool is a little too thin to cover this linen, I tried to add more threads, then added threads in a contrasting colour. Maybe it will end up looking like an afghan, knit out of leftovers. I don't mind. I rather think of a quilt showing different patterns. I used some kind of weaving technique and pulled threads through the embroidered stitches which allows to use a great part of the material upon the surface of the piece instead of embellishing the reverse side.