Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Tatzelwurm Invasion is on





Here is a nosy red one, not yet finished. This time, the flower is a lotus. I started a try on a print: I made a drawing with ink and a brush and scanned it. I printed the drawing out in black and white, and now I have something I can color with pencils, so it is a print and an original drawing at the same time:
Or I can use water colors.
What do you think? Do you see such a mixture of print and coloring as an original?

In order to play, I can color that thing in the good old electronic way with PhotoShop:

4 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Eva, If you want to use this as a t-shirt design, do a version dropping out the background here...(please please please). Then it's an interaction with the entire space of the shirt...I know I'm always begging for more white space. Or maybe the Tatzelwurm by itself? Again, such a wonderful character....maybe one in the future where he is seen through the greenery/plants? This work is so inspiring.

eileen2000 said...

I love this, all the versions of it! But especially the nosy red one!

Judy said...

Interesting concept Eva! I'm thinking it's an original print. I love the design....and you know I love the color!!

Thank you for coming to my rescue on Friday. I sent off the jpegs that afternoon and will let you know when I hear.

xo

Yael said...

Hm - Eva, I have a big grin on my face and I am patiently AND eagerly waiting till the painting is finished!! Another 'Racker' it seems!!! Lovely, lovely!