Monday, January 19, 2009

Out in the sun

Today I took the opportunity to photograph the piece outside in good light. Just a few parts of the sleeves and parts of the right edge need fusing. Small gaps between the patches will be filled with wool embroidery.

The pink frame is to suggest that the patch inside is a picture. Well, it is an abstract picture. I want the spectator to see each patch as a possible picture, although many of them were created by an artist named Serendipity. There are two real pockets left in about the middle. They are open on the back and very helpful while quilting the parts in the center region of the piece. I bet you sometimes sighed "If only there was an opening closer to the middle". Okay, I did that on purpose.
I wish I could have seen snooker last night. How O'Sullivan beat Selby. Hope they will replay it.

9 comments:

Diane Cransac said...

Beautiful work Eva!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

well done! fun project!

jude said...

fabulous, especially since i am thinking of making my own clothes from now on.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Now I am understanding this is a garment. I must have missed that somewhere along the line. It is wonderful. It will be like wearing a story and you will never have a moment when you have nothing to say!

Eva said...

Well, it is not really meant to be worn, it doesn't have a front, just a back. It is a garment-shaped cloth picture.

Paula Hewitt said...

wow - you are a lot further along on this than I thought. it is marvellous -as is your blog. i enjoy every post.

Deb G said...

The colors in this are just beautiful.

Judy said...

Your jacket is so wonderful! I wonder if you will derive as much pleasure wearing it as you have constructing it? Ahh...now I've just read your comment below and know that you will not be enjoying wearing it after all!

xo

magpie said...

This piece makes me gasp and then smile from ear to ear.

I love your work.

i would love to share my work with you on my blog and my photography site -

www.pbase.com/magpiejst
www.magpiesbeads.blogspot.com

magpie