Saturday, December 20, 2008

Morning and Teatime

This morning, a red squirrel pranced about in the tree opposite to the kitchen window. I took it by zoom.
Our Squirrels are bright rust red or darker burgundy, almost black. The breast is bright white. I think they are a lot smaller than the American species, and not quite so daring.

Teatime: I got a present yesterday! From my Vienna friend. It is a teapot that lies on its back while the tea is steeping.
Here is a similar model with description.
And here ours and the source.
My friend gave it to me because it will not be needed anymore by his parents.

4 comments:

india flint said...

a sleeping teapot...intriguing...i'd be a tad nervous about that lid, having lsot the occasional precious teacup to people forgetting to hold their finger on the lid as they pour. if only teapot lids were designed like the Melitta coffee pot lids they wouldn't leap into teacups unexpectedly and cause traumas!

Eva said...

Someone clever knew this in advance and delivered this teapot with a spare lid! So I have 2 of them.

ArtSparker said...

The teapot is amusing, it looks a bit louche - when inanimate objects are clowns.

IKABAGS said...

Oooo Eva sleeping teapot is very sweety...
I likes tea...for me is very interesting...
French people is likes also ::)))