Thursday, December 18, 2008

Picturesque home town

Okay, I'm weaving, then I had a little job for my website customer. I did not get on much with Joseph's Anorak. In order to reward you for coming to my blog, I'm going to show pictures from the place I live in. So you don't come in vain. The first is a glass window in a branch office, a building from the 1920ies. We have a lake in our town, which was a river before it became a mill pond, now it is the lake Alster. All these canals that make the town look so Dutch used to be for the practical purpose of transporting goods by boat. Last picture: Old parts of the harbour in the moonlight.

2 comments:

Guzzisue said...

seeing the photos I've just realised where you live, we were there in September

Judy said...

What lovely pics! I really love the mix of old brick and modern in the second picture! The brickwork is amazing!!

xo