Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weaving on

Oh, my God, what was I thinking, I burdened the minds of my readers with sad stories from more than half a century ago. Okay, now let's have some bright colours.
I'm trying hard to finish it until Christmas Eve, because, as you may know, we have a boxing night, not a boxing day; it is the evening of Dec 24th.
Yet it is unclear whether we're going to Stade as planned. My poor mother in law has a cold now, and we better renounce on closer contact, but before all: Visitors mean more stress to a mother than she would ever admit, and even if we offer help, we cannot do all the work she will have in advance. So our visit is probably postponed.
Obviously we won't have a white Christmas, and we aren't keen on it. I just saw the news from the northern United States and how the storm keeps people in the airports over night. No, this is not what we want. I hope they will reach their destiny in time and be united with their dear ones!

5 comments:

jude said...

good luck.

Paula Hewitt said...

Eva - i agree with you about getting uptight over Christmas - it is not the end of the world if everything it not perfect - so it doesnt matter if you weaving (which is beautiful) is not finished. I have just finished reading your Mothers account of the Soviet occupation. i am very moved by it - thankyou for sharing it.
i hope you have a lovely Christmas.

t said...

Merry Christmas Eva, I have to finish a couple of things off today as well. Happy weaving.
xt

Rayna said...

Happily, I do not have to worry. We have a very quiet day today. I hope you enjoy your respite from visiting the sick mother-in-law. The weaving is coming along beautifully.
big hug from me to you,

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! This weaving is beautiful! very much like your watercolors and gouaches...
I got out some pastels today to inspire soemthing, anything! I've been so lazy with my art, just sewing...