Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year MMIX!

I wish you a very, very happy New Year! We'll be on a party and stay overnight. I'm going with a big bowl of salad for a kosher kitchen.
I want to say thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting, for sharing 100 admirable creations and glimpses of every day life. It means a lot to me. Take care, and may you be successful in business, happy in private and vice versa; have wealth and a good health. See you!
The Salad
Fennel
Cabbage (white cabbage will do)
Carot
Pomegranate
The dressing: Vinegar, sugar, salt (I use Himalayan salt), Estragon, fresh grated ginger, a little bit of cardamon, olive oil.
The avocado was still hard and bitter! I left it out.
It is a salad that won't give you an onion or garlic smell. Quite welcome sometimes.

5 comments:

Paula Hewitt said...

Happy New year to you Eva. that salad sound yummy, but i am dont know what estragon is?

Judy said...

Best wishes for excellent health and much happiness in MMIX!
Thank you for the salad recipe: it looks wonderful!
It's been a pleasure getting to know you.

xo

Art4Sol said...

Happy New Year to you as well! The salad sounds so delicious...wish fennel was more affordable here, I love it.
I've been enjoying your blog immensely, especially the addition of your family tree which sounds like the makings of a historical novel. Thanks for the comments you leave me also.
Keep creating!
Darlene

Rayna said...

I love fennel salad but this is a new recipe for me. You can bet I'll try it soon!

Eva said...

After trying this salad, I was not so enthusiastic. The pits in the little pomegranate fruits are quite distubing, because we chew a salad harder than other food. The juice is quite sour and collides a bit with the vinegar. An experiment, but not too successful.